You can help us by donating £2 (or more) per month via standing order or online via PayPal. Standing order forms can be retrieved from our office in Whitehaven. The link to donate online is on this website's homepage.
We also have our own Amazon Wish List for those of you who'd rather send something directly to the animals in our care.
We are always in need of generous souls to adopt and re-home the loving animals that have been placed in our care. To adopt an animal in need and forge a new bond for life, visit our office in Whitehaven or contact us on 01946 693585.
CHARITY SHOP ASSISTANT (Whitehaven)
Our charity shop in the heart of Whitehaven is looking for a friendly volunteer to join our team and help make our shop a huge success. Make new friends, have fun, and help us help more animals!
About the RSPCA
Founded in 1824 we have been saving animals for almost 200 years and are proud to be the oldest welfare charity around. It has always been our vision to live in a world where all animals are respected and treated with compassion, so our volunteers and employees work tirelessly to ensure that all animals can live free from pain and suffering.
About Our Charity Shop in Whitehaven
The shop is part of the Cumbria West Branch and plays an essential role in raising the profile of the RSPCA in our local community and funds for our branch so that we can continue our vital animal welfare work. Our shops sell a mixture of donated items, including clothes, books, bric-a-brac and collectables, and a selection of new items.
We have positions available on the shop floor and in our stock room or you could volunteer to do a mixture of both!
Volunteer Charity Shop Assistant responsibilities
· Helping customers in the shop find what they need.
· Accepting donations of items and money from the public.
· Processing sales through the till and card machine.
· Sorting through donated items to determine what we can sell.
· Preparing donated items for sale by steaming and hanging items.
· Helping to create attractive shop window display.
What we are looking for in a volunteer Charity Shop Assistant
· Friendly volunteers who are confident talking to people.
· Retail experience would be ideal but is not necessary as full training will be given.
· We are ideally aiming for someone who is flexible and can offer an ongoing commitment.
· Good communication and numeracy skills.
· You will need to be aged 18 or over.
What we can offer you as a volunteer Charity Shop Assistant
· A way to meet new people and make new friends in your local area.
· A place where you will learn excellent new skills to add to your CV, such as customer service, multi-tasking, merchandising, and many more.
· The opportunity to make a huge difference to the welfare of animals.
· Reimbursement for any reasonable travel expenses you may incur whilst volunteering with us.
We hope you are interested in volunteering for our branch! For more information and to apply, please contact us on 01946 693585 or email@example.com
Our voluntary roles are subject to an informal interview and trial period. We will ask you to provide contact details for two referees and dependant on the position you may be required to sign an agreement and undergo specific training before starting the role.
1 - Remember the RSPCA in your will or send a donation specifying "RSPCA CUMBRIA WEST BRANCH".
2 - Become a National Member. Details can be found in our office or posted to you.
3 - Ask your local store if they would be willing to display a Branch Collecting Bottle. The more bottles we have the more money we can spend on assisting the animals at the core of our goals.
Our charity shop is located at the same address as our office: 13-15 Market Place, Whitehaven, Cumbria, CA28 7JB. We are open every day besides Wednesdays and Sundays, from 10am to 2pm.
We stock RSPCA merchandise and animal supplies, including:
You can donate a variety of items to our charity shop. We will accept:
and many more! If you have any doubts, just bring the item down to our shop and we will tell you if we can take it.